Saturday, July 2, 2016

Goodness overflowing

The goodness shown to my family over the past year is just staggering. Seriously. Not only have we been the recipients of goodness beyond measure, but it has continued on and on. Over and over. Tangible things. People are still delivering delicious meals. Several times a week.
A year of mortgage payments given and a friend fundraised enabling payment of other bills. Wonderful hand me downs have come in. Classroom extras paid for, all year long. Shopping sprees for the girls which included new bathing suits. Laundry detergent delivered. Laptop given. Professional family photos taken. School supplies came in. Air conditioner fixed. New flooring installed in living room. Grant given for the girls to go to after school and summer care. Christmas gifts given in overabundance, six months apart. Two GALLONS of salon hair products now occupy our bathroom, a first ever in this household. Diapers and wipes continue to come in. Goodness surrounds us to the brim and then gushes over. Again and again and again.

Several weeks ago, as I drove to church, I began to panic. I had looked at my bank account and figured out that we have months left to pay our bills. Thoughts raced through mind. Should I try to find work again? If so, who could care for Hope and manage the at least weekly trips to Children's for on-going medical care? Could I work from home? Or part time? Should I sell my condo and find a place to rent with the equity we might have? Which would not be much given that our condo would be sold as an affordable unit to the next lucky buyer. We came home from church, and as we sat at our dinner table I saw a familiar face outside our porch. She held a yellow envelope. And inside it was cash which would almost cover another month of our mortgage. Several days later, another check came from a high school student who decided to give her first ever working check to our family, which completed the mortgage payment. I.am.not.kidding. Then two days later, another check arrived to cover another month of our mortgage. I had not whispered a word of my panic to anyone. Not a word. Even my BFF's never knew what my thoughts were on that Sunday morning. Only God knew. Just God. The same God who works through people. It is just astounding. And a huge reminder that God knows EXACTLY what we need. Always. And the goodness is just overflowing and overflowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment